Wednesday, September 16, 2009

THE BLUE BELLIES, FRESH BLACKTOP AND OTHER RUMINATIONS


*I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, as the Cards are getting ready to play the hated Blue Bellies in Lexington this Saturday. It could be ugly, but I'm wishing for the upset. The outcome of this game could go a long way in determining the ultimate fate of Stevie Krags as the Louisville coach.

*The new pavement in front of my office on Pearl Street has reminded me of when I was a child, and they blacktopped Borden Road where I lived. How I loved riding my bike on it, gliding on the smooth new surface for hours and hours.

*Having an early morning workout sets a great tone for the rest of the day.

*Is it just me, or does the Ohio River appear to be clearer and more blue than it used to?

*It is never appropriate or acceptable to heckle the president of the United States, no matter how much we may disagree with his or her views.

*I agree with President Obama that Kanye West is a jackass.

*I know that many people in America have been put into financial ruin by health care costs. The cost of health care in our country is obscene, and I think that something needs to be done about it. At the same time, I am uncomfortable with the idea of creating a huge new federal bureaucracy to deal with the issue. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I would like to see the debate conducted with more civility.

*I still don't know whether Certs is really a candy or a breath mint.










6 Comments:

Blogger lawguy said...

I agree with most of your ruminations.

I think Certs is a breath mint, albeit a very pleasant one.

Nothing beats new blacktop for bikes, skateboards or roller blades. Who doesnt love that hot asphalt smell? But as smooth as it is, it sure does leave a nasty strawberry on one's knees when you fall down.

By the way, I saw a funny t-shirt this past weekend and thought of you...Bright red and said "Oh Krap" in white letters with the UL logo underneath. Who knows, you might have one on come Sunday morning...

1:35 PM  
Blogger white rabbit said...

Despite cultural differences, I understood more comments than not!( by 4 to 3 ) the first comment might as well have been in colloquial Serbo-Croat ;) and who/what the hell are Kanye West and Crets?

8:26 AM  
Blogger white rabbit said...

Certs begging their pardon

8:27 AM  
Blogger Meatbe said...

Hi Andrew--It's nice to hear from you. The first comment was referring to a football game that takes place tomorrow (Saturday) between my alma mater and its arch rival 70 miles away. Many people are dissatisfied with the job that the coach--Steve Kragthorpe) has been doing with the team.

Note to lawguy: If things don't go well for Louisville tomorrow, I may be asking you where I can find one of those t-shirts!

Kanye West is a rap singer. He caused a big stir this week during a music awards show when he jumped up on stage and grabbed the microphone from a 17-year-old star who had just been presented with an award. He suggested that another singer should have won that award. President Obama was later recorded saying that Kanye West is a "jackass," although the comment was intended to be off the record.

Certs are breath mints that come in little tubular packages--kind of like Lifesavers, if you are familiar with those. They are delicious! I think that one would go well after consuming a butty. :-)

I do always enjoy our exchange of cultural understandings. Take care.

11:14 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160227
the north face outlet
air force 1
cheap jordans
true religion outlet
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
michael kors outlet online
celine outlet
nike huarache shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
kobe bryant shoes
kobe 9
michael kors outlet online
instyler max
tods shoes
p90x
christian louboutin outlet
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet store online
toms outlet
christian louboutin shoes
celine handbags
supra shoes
lebron shoes
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
hollister
oakley sunglasses cheap
jordan retro
louis vuitton outlet
canada goose jackets
tiffany and co
uggs outlet
mulberry handbags
jordan concords
ray ban sunglasses
cheap air max
ralph lauren uk
as

1:17 AM  
Blogger chenlina said...

flops
nfl jerseys
moncler jackets
adidas yeezy 350
pandora charms
coach
coach outlet online
nike factory outlet
ray ban
cheap nhl jerseys
chenlina20180129

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home