Wednesday, July 15, 2009

THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS


     Hello again, friends.  I'm sorry not to have blogged in a while, but it has been an exceptionally busy summer for me.  In addition to my litigation calendar, my daughter Tristan became Mrs. Mickey McGill on the Fourth of July, pursuant to an elaborate and lovely wedding and reception. The happy couple recently returned from their honeymoon cruise, and are now residing at their home in Indianapolis.  

     Tonight, weather permitting, will be the opening performance of Hamlet by The Globe Players at Louisville's Central Park.  My son Collin plays the role of Polonius, and I can hardly wait to see it.  Collin is the only student selected from an Indiana high school to participate.  I know that it is going to be a great show. 

     I have many things on my mind but, for now, I just want to share with you some random thoughts and observations that I've had lately.  I present them in no particular order: 

     *A good, sound sleep is one of the more enjoyable things in life.  The older I get, the more I appreciate this. 

     *Too much beer makes one fat.  I have learned this lesson the hard way.  

     *A smiling face really does make a person seem infinitely more attractive. 

     *People often mistake a generally quiet demeanor for shyness.  They are certainly not the same thing. 

     *It amazes me that people are legally permitted to use cell phones while driving. 

     *I still don't know why people have to wear clothes all the time. 

     *Those who think they know it all are wrong.  Such people are a huge turn off. 

     *Gay people are people, just like everybody else.  Some are cool and some are dorks.  We make a mistake if we attempt to classify any large group en masse. 

     *Typing has turned out to be one of the most useful classes that I had in high school.  I did not appreciate its importance at the time.  Thank you, Ms. Shofner, wherever you are. 

     *Fresh garden vegetables are one of the best things about summertime.  They are both delicious and healthy.  And the best tasting ones seem to come from my dad's garden in rural Virginia.  

     *My parents were right: The older I get, the more time flies. 

     *If I could transform myself into any animal, I think I would choose to be an eagle.  I would love to be able to spread my wings and soar high above the earth.  At this point, I do that every night in my dreams. 

     That's all for now.  Skoal, everybody.  






   

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You speak many truths. . . but I have to confess to talking and driving. :=0

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home