Saturday, July 05, 2008

ANOTHER GOOD ONE


     I have just finished another outstanding novel.  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, by Mark Haddon, is undoubtedly one of the most unique novels that I have ever read.  The book, loaned and recommended to me by one of my sons, provides a captivating tale, and it is truly difficult to put down once you have begun it.  The novel won the award for the 2003 Whitbred Book of the Year, and I can see why. 
 
     The unusual story is told through the eyes of Christopher Boone, a 15-year-old special needs boy.  The reader is provided with a unique perspective, and is able to view the world through Christopher's eyes.  The action takes place in the town of Swindon, England, as well as in London.  I will not reveal the plot to you, as I don't want to spoil it.  Suffice to say that the story is one that will not soon be forgotten. 

     This novel is a gem.  I'll give it four and a-half  out of five Js.  JJJJj

     Happy reading!



1 Comments:

Blogger white rabbit said...

I must confess that I haven't read it. But I have been to Swindon...

Boy, what a dump!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home