Wednesday, May 21, 2008

JOHNNY WEST


     Does anyone else remember Johnny West?  He was a toy action figure, similar to G.I. Joe, except that he was a cowboy.  When I was a wee lad growing up on Borden Road, he was my constant companion.  I concocted many imaginary scenarios for him, and we had numerous exciting adventures together in my bedroom and in the woods behind my house. Oh, the battles that we fought!

     As I recall, there were a variety of other characters available in the Johnny West collection, including some other cowboys, indians, soldiers, and even some cowgirls.  I believe that I had only a horse and an indian to go along with my Johnny, but I longed for all of the figures.  As it was, Johnny and G.I. Joe sometimes found themselves paired, either as allies or as enemies.  

     I don't know whatever happened to my Johnny.  He was probably discarded as I grew older and graduated on to books, sports and the like.  I'm not sure what made me think of Johnny West today, but I'm glad that I did.  After all, he was an old friend.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home