Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE REDS 


     Call me an optimist, but I am still excited about the Cincinnati Reds this year.  True, they are still in last place in the National League Central, but I am maintaining hope by virtue of the young talent that they have amassed.  The Reds have some talented young players to go along with some reliable veterans. I have faith in Dusty Baker as a manager.  Last night's 3-1 victory over the Boston Red Sox was, I hope, an omen of things to come.  

     Pitching is always the name of the game in baseball, and the Reds have a staff that appears to be capable of pulling things together down the stretch.  Aaron Harang put on a masterful performance last night against perhaps the toughest hitting lineup in the majors.   Edinson Volquez is a remarkable addition to the staff, and he appears poised to take off.  And of course, Jay Bruce and Joey Votto are now showing why Reds fans have been excited about them for some while.

     Yes, Reds fans, it is time for optimism.  Our team record may stand at 33-36 at the moment, but I expect that to change.  



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home