Saturday, February 07, 2009

THE JONESY UPDATE


     ***I remain very pumped about the U of L Cards in basketball this year, notwithstanding their recent meltdown against Number 1 ranked U-Conn.  My partners and I bought season tickets this year, and I am glad that we did.  The Cards seem to have been developing a mental toughness that was not evident at the beginning of the season.  And the team's depth has been coming along nicely.  At the beginning of the season, it looked as if the team had no depth in the middle at all.  Samardo Samuels, it seemed, was destined to be the Cards' only option at center.  Fortunately, Terrence Jennings and George Goode are proving to be warriors under the boards as well. 

     I also like the guard rotation that Coach Pitino has finally settled upon:   Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith starting, and then the "microwave guys"--Andre McGee and Preston Knowles--coming off of the bench with smothering defense.  

     But of course, T-Will remains the heart of this team.  If he and Earl Clark can get it in gear at the same time, the Louisville Cardinals will be a dangerous team for the rest of the season.  


   ***Last night I finished another rather thrilling page-turner:  Perfect Nightmare, a novel by John Saul.  I found myself actually chilled with goose bumps as I got to the exciting denouement.   If you are looking for some entertaining escapist fiction, you might want to check it out.  


   ***As I have dealt with a very difficult time in my life recently, I have been amazed at the extent to which the sympathy and  good wishes of others have uplifted me.  I never realized before how profoundly effective a smile, a hug, or a word of encouragement can be to someone who is feeling bereft.  I will remember this lesson, and do all that I can in the future to help others when they need it.  



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meatbe,

I saw a cardinal today. It always gives me a positive outlook for the rest of the day.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Meatbe said...

I agree! I always feel like it's a good omen when I see a cardinal.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home