Monday, December 15, 2008

THE VERDICT IS IN


     It has now been one month since the new YMCA opened in New Albany, and I am ready to declare it an unqualified success.  The facility is beautiful, spacious and inviting.  It has been host to amazing crowds thus far and, if the initial trend continues, I foresee a much more healthy and fit population soon in Floyd County and its environs.  

     I have been hitting the new Y at least three or four days a week, although I intend to increase it to five or six soon.  I am enjoying the cardio equipment, and especially the elliptical trainers.  (I have a good supply of weightlifting equipment at home, and so I usually do much of my lifting there.)  I have also become very fond of the yoga classes.  I had always wanted to try yoga, and am finding that I enjoy it very much.  It is cleansing for both the mind and body.  It challenges my muscles in a way unlike anything that I've ever done before.  

     The only negative comment that I have about the new facility concerns the men's locker room.  It is too small and cramped. The lockers themselves are too small.  The locker room seems to be poorly designed, and it cannot comfortably accommodate the number of patrons jockeying for position on a daily basis.  I'm hoping that the problem will be alleviated somewhat when the initial excitement about the facility wanes, and others are not visiting quite as often. 

     The problem with the locker room notwithstanding, I am very enthused about our new Y.  It is a local treasure.  And it was worth the wait.  




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ceece said...

I agree with you on almost every aspect!

I do hope something can be changed with the locker rooms. when I take the kiddos to the pool, there is just not enough room for our stuff in the locker.

But we LOVE it. It's fabulous. Definitely a success.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home