Friday, August 03, 2007

THREE EMPTY BEDROOMS NOW


This summer has been, to say the least, a very hectic and exciting time in the Jones manse. My crew and I have definitely had some significant developments taking place. A brief recounting of the major events of this summer may help to illustrate why I haven't had a whole lot of time for blogging of late:

On May 5th, Tristan received her B.A. degree from the University of Indianapolis. She was honored as a Magna Cum Laude graduate. I am so proud!

On May 10th, I had my annual Belated Opening Day outing at the Cincinnati Reds with my old-time buds. Those celebrants with me this year were Larry Ragland, Jeff Grube, Jeff Schlageter and Bret Smith. I'll try to post some photos soon.

On May 25th, Brendan graduated from Providence High School. On Senior Awards Day that week, he was presented his commission to attend the United States Naval Academy by my friend and colleague, Captain Tim Naville.

On May 27th, we had a big shindig to honor both Tristan and Brendan. It was a true stone-gas!

On June 14th, Brendan, Collin and I had an outing to watch the Reds play the Angels at Great American Ball Park. This was, without question, one of the most special days of my life. I had a great day with my two sons.

On June 16th, Caitlin was wed to Rocky Donald Byerley. They were married at Silver Street United Methodist Church, with our old friend the Reverend Jerry Rairdon presiding. I can't begin to describe for you the emotions that I experienced on this day. To walk my sweet daughter down the aisle--Unbelievable!

On June 23rd, I went to the open auditions for the Theatre Alliance of Louisville. As a result, I was offered several roles in upcoming local plays, and ultimately accepted one. More info on that later.

On June 27th, Brendan had to report to the Naval Academy in Annapolis to begin the rigors of Plebe Summer. He will not be allowed to return home until Thanksgiving, at the earliest. One week from now, we will be able to go to Annapolis to visit him for Parents' Weekend. I have written to Brendan approximately three times per week since he left--leaving little time for blogging. I'm sure that you'll understand.

On July 19-22, Collin performed in the Providence Players' summer production of Noises Off. He spent much of the summer preparing for this fabulous production.

As mentioned previously, I have accepted a role in an upcoming theater production. I will be in The C.D.I. and Other Plays, to be performed in the MEX Theater at the Kentucky Center for the Arts on August 23, 24 & 25, 2007. I will, I promise, have more info about this upcoming production in the coming days.

So, that's pretty much what's been going on in the personal life of Old Jones these days--in case you were interested. I'll keep you posted.

And so, for now, I leave you with this sage advice: Be excellent to each other....and party on, dudes!




3 Comments:

Blogger G Coyle said...

congratulations Dad! It sounds like you have some awesome kids. I can't wait till my son is old enough to go to a Reds game with (I mean beer drinking old :) )

1:38 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, replica watches, burberry handbags, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses wholesale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin uk, christian louboutin outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, christian louboutin, polo outlet, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, replica watches, christian louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, burberry outlet, uggs outlet

11:05 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free run, vans pas cher, ralph lauren uk, hollister uk, burberry pas cher, hollister pas cher, north face uk, michael kors, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, timberland pas cher, nike air force, nike tn, nike free uk, true religion outlet, sac vanessa bruno, nike air max uk, ray ban uk, coach outlet store online, lululemon canada, ray ban pas cher, longchamp pas cher, true religion outlet, replica handbags, true religion jeans, nike blazer pas cher, air max, michael kors, oakley pas cher, coach purses, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, sac hermes, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max, north face, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, true religion outlet, jordan pas cher, mulberry uk, new balance, nike roshe run uk, nike roshe, kate spade, louboutin pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors pas cher

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home