Monday, June 04, 2007

'VILLE BASEBALL RULES!



The Louisville Cardinal baseball team advanced to the NCAA "super regional" by defeating number one seeded Missouri yesterday, 16-6. I listened to most of the game, while at my office, on WAVG-1450. It was a thoroughly impressive win, and it elevates the Cardinal baseball program to unprecedented heights. They will now face Oklahoma State in the next round. What a great accomplishment!

I made it over to four games to watch the Cards at Jim Patterson Stadium this season. If you like baseball, you really should check it out. Admission is free, and it is an excellent venue for watching a baseball game. Coach Dan McDonnell has, quite obviously, established a competetive and entertaining team there.

Next season, New Albany's Drew Haynes will be a freshman player for the 'Ville baseball team. I've known Drew since he played T-ball with my son. He comes from a great family. I'm looking forward to seeing Drew suited up in the Cardinal red and black next season.

Go Cards!